Shanghai The Bund



Today we went from Guangzhou to Shanghai. The flight was 1hour and 15 minutes, that’s what we were told, but then there was a delay, more than 1 hour and a half!!!!!!! So our flight that was supposed to leave at 8:25am, left at around 10:00am.

When we finally landed we got our luggage, and met our guide for the time we’re here, her english name is Alice. She’s very nice. We didn’t spend much time together though. She brought us to our hotel around 1:30pm and left.

Our room wasn’t quite ready…for 40 minutes, so we went to eat, by the time we found the McDonalds, that was hidden because of construction, it was around 2. We had to ask many people. We asked one of the lobby guys where it was, we thought we understood, but we didn’t. Then Dad told me to go ask the lady that worked at a dress store, her and her friend tried to guide me, again, I thought I understood…but I didn’t. When we were giving up, Dad spotted the “M” sigh of McDonalds, that’s when we discovered it was hidden by many tarps.

When we finally finished eating, we went back to our hotel, this time our room was really. I got into a bit of an argument with one of the staff members, because I was taking the trolley with our stuff on it, but one of the guys thought I was stealing it. He started talking to me in Chinese, of course I didn’t understand, so I pointed at the luggage and then pointed at me, meaning “this is mine”. He didn’t understand me, he started talking to his college, and he said it did belong to me, but it’s like he didn’t believe us. When my dad finished talking to the women at the reception, and she told him it belonged to us. He left us alone after.

During the evening, we went to the Bund, the famous Shanghai Bund. I felt awkward because almost every single Chinese person there stared at me as if I was from a different planet. Some just stared others scanned me up and down…I felt odd. Dad even got his picture taken with a Chinese man, he asked me to take a picture of them together, he looked so happy to get a picture with my Dad. There were many beautiful lights later in the evening, as you see in the pictures below.

For dinner we went to Subway! It was really good! After, I was getting really tired so dad decided we were going to go home after taking a few pictures!

To get home we had to take a taxi, but we had no idea how we were supposed to call them over. We went to the nearest hotel and asked them to help us, we got back safe and sound.

Tonight is the last blog for this trip. Maybe we’ll come back for Shaylin, my little sister, one day, but then she’ll be typing and not me…anyways, last blog for this trip. Hope you’ve enjoyed hearing about our trip, I certainly enjoyed the trip, but I’m really excited to come home tomorrow, my real home.

Good bye.


china_15-42 china_15-41 china_15-40 china_15-39

5 thoughts on “Shanghai The Bund

  1. Safe trip back home my dear..
    Can’t wait to give you a big “welcome back home hug” Ti 🙂
    Martine & Maya

  2. Wow, c’est vraiment beau. Merci d’avoir partagé ton voyage avec nous !
    on se revoit bientôt, bon retour O:)

  3. Thank you, Tianna! I’ve enjoyed reading about your experiences and seeing what it was like through your pictures.

  4. Safe trip back. Thanks for sharing with us. Loved “travelling” with you. Am glad you had fun but am sure there’s lots of people that will be happy to see you guys home again. Travel safe and welcome home.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *